Bandon Tidy towns group
Bronze medal winners 2015 & 2016
Working for the local community!!
- Enhancement landscaping
- Litter clean-up/prevention
- Biodiversity protection/education
- Local heritage awareness & education
- Promote Green School participation
- Promotion & involvement in sustainable projects & developments
- Encourage recycling & green initiatives through participation/education
- Engagement with public/private sector bodies and organisations.
- Promote recycling & upcycling education through art/sculpture competitions
- Overgrowth and approach road maintenance and enhancement
- Encourage community volunteerism and active participation
We meet every Tuesday night during April - September at 7pm at the Allin Institute Bandon.
We would love if you could join us on one of our work nights!
We provide any equipment/tools needed.
Even if you can't join us on our worknights we still would love to hear from you.
Because our work is so varied we are always looking to pool resources and skillsets.
Maybe you could help out in some of the following ways:
- Taking photographs
- Report writing
- Servicing tools and equipment
- Landscape design
- Project management
- Schools co-ordinator
- Drawing up plans/designs
- Can you help with painting projects?
- Co-ordination of residents groups
- Do you own/have access to tractors, mini digger, JCB, Cherry Picker, etc.
- Loan or donate equipment eg. garden machinery, tools, trailer, power washer etc.
- Are you a member of a club/organisation that could provide volunteers for a one off project?